How Personnel (Teachers, Staff and Administrators) Log In
- In your web browser, go to the URL (web address) for Renaissance Place.
- On the Renaissance Place starting page, click I am a Teacher/Administrator.
- Enter your user name and password.
If you have forgotten your user name or password, click Forgot Your User Name or Password? under the Log In button. You can only use this feature if you have previously entered your email address on the Login Settings page and verified the address.
User names and passwords are not case-sensitive, but if your Caps Lock is engaged, symbols could be substituted for numbers, causing the software not to recognize the user name or password
- Click Log In.
- You will go to the Home page.
If you go to the Login Settings page instead, the software or your administrator is requiring you to reset your password. Enter a new password and type it again to verify it. (You should also enter your email address and security questions if you have not already done so. These are used to verify your identity if you forget your user name or password.) Then, click Save.
Passwords expire after one year; if you are asked to change your password and your administrator did not require this, your password has probably expired.
How Students Log In
Note: To see student user names and passwords, on the Home page, click Users. Then, click View Students on the Personnel and Students page and search for students. In the search results, click the Passwords tab.
- Start your web browser and go to the web address provided by your school.
- Click I am a Student on the Renaissance Place starting page.
If you see the message "Students may not log in outside the school network", the Renaissance Place administrator has used the security options to restrict which computers students can use to log in to Renaissance Place.
- If you know your user name, enter it. If not, see the instructions for searching for a user name (if that option is available).
- Enter your password.
Make sure you have the correct password. Student accounts can be locked if you try to log in several times with the wrong password.
- Click Log In. You will go to the Home page, where you will see links for each product that your class is using.
If you expect to see links for programs that are not listed, the school or Renaissance Place administrator should make sure the student is enrolled in the correct class and that a primary teacher was selected for the class and products were selected.
Students may be asked to change their passwords if the administrator chose to require this when adding or editing student information. To change the password, enter the new password twice in the appropriate blank fields and click Save.