You can copy classes from the previous school year by following the steps below. You can only follow these steps if there are classes in the previous year to copy and you have not copied classes into this school year yet.
When you copy the classes, you are copying the marking periods assigned to them as well (with the dates updated to be within the current school year). Many class-level preference settings for all products (such as Accelerated Reader or Star Reading) are also copied so that you do not need to set the preferences again.
Preferences that will be copied for each class
- Class Student Quizzing preferences (TOPS Report Printing, Authorisation Password Required, Vocabulary Practice Include Definitions, Literacy Skills Retakes, Automatic Student Log Out, Vocabulary Practice Review Percentage, Vocabulary Practice Review Only Quiz Length and Vocabulary Practice Student Comprehension)
- Quiz Set-Up Preference (quiz types each class is allowed to use)
- Individual Student Settings (TWI settings, Recorded Voice availability, and Quizzing Allowed restrictions - including book level and interest level restrictions)
- Marking (automatically print next practice and enable or prevent marking of exercises and tests by students)
- Page Layout (font size, answer placement and whether to list the objectives included on an assignment)
- Practice (default practice size, duration of each size and whether objectives are automatically assigned when none are available for practice)
- Printing (enable or prevent duplex printing, preview assignments before printing and embed fonts)
- Renaissance Home Connect (allow or prevent marking of practices and exercises in Renaissance Home Connect)
- TOPS Report (include/omit correct answer, summary and parent signature)
Star Early Literacy, Star Maths and Star Reading preference settings are not copied when you copy classes.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
If you are a school administrator and you are assigned to more than one school, on the Home page, select your user name, then select Change Role to choose the school you want to work with before following these steps.
- On the Home page, click Courses and Classes.
- If you are a school network administrator or school network staff member, use the School drop-down list to choose the school for which you want to copy classes.
- Click the Copy/Edit Classes and Marking Periods link, which includes the name of the previous school year. This link is not available if no classes are available to copy or if you have already copied classes.
- On the Copy Classes and Marking Periods page, choose the option you prefer:
- Copy the classes and marking periods only, without the teachers, products or students.
- Copy the classes with their marking periods and the assigned teachers and products, without last year's students.
- Copy the classes, marking periods, assigned teachers, assigned products and last year's enrolled students.
All three options also copy the class preference settings for all products from the previous school year.
- Click Copy.
- The next page will confirm that the classes have been copied into your new school year. Click Done.