How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Reading.
- Select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Edit at the end of the Lexile® measures row.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- School Network Administrators: any school in the school network
- School Administrators: their own school
The setting of this preference determines whether the Lexile® measure and/or the Lexile® range will be included on certain reports.
A Lexile® measure represents a student's reading ability:
- The Lexile® measure is shown as a number with an "L" after it: 750L is 750 Lexile.
- Higher Lexile® measures indicate higher levels of reading ability. A Lexile® measure can range from below 200L for emergent readers to above 1600L for advanced readers.
- Readers who score below 0L receive a BR for Beginning Reader. BR codes are followed by a number and an L (for example, BR100L). A Lexile® measure of BR100L indicates that the Lexile® measure of the reader is 100 units below 0L. The smaller the number following the BR code, the more advanced the reader is. For example, a BR100L reader is more advanced than a BR150L reader.
A Lexile® range is a scale calculated from the Lexile® measure by subtracting 100L and adding 50L to a student's Lexile® measure.
Select the shaded section of the "Setting for..." sentence to choose which schools you want to set the Lexile® measures Preference for .
In the window that opens, choose either All Schools to select all the schools, or choose Select Schools and then tick the schools you want to set the preference for . (School administrators and teachers who are only assigned to one school will not need to select a school.)
Select Apply to apply your choices, or Cancel to close this window without saving your changes.
The schools you chose will be listed on the page. Tick the box for each school where you want Lexile® measures to be used .
To set the same preference for all the schools shown at the same time, select Set All... , tick the Include Lexile® measures box in the pop-up window and then select Apply to All .
When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.
METAMETRICS®, LEXILE® and LEXILE® FRAMEWORK are trademarks of MetaMetrics, Inc., and are registered in the United States and abroad. Copyright © 2019 MetaMetrics, Inc. All rights reserved.